Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peaches

I had every intention of fully diving into the "country life" when I moved to Idaho. This week I feel like I made a huge step. I learned how to Can. Ryan's Grandmother, Clarice, Julie and I spent a few days canning. The first day was peaches.

My grandmother used to use a pickled peach recipe so we experimented with that as well, I am excited to share those with my father and see how they measure up.

Peaches being placed into the jars
Peaches ready to be submerged in the Canner
Canned Peaches

Subject Matter Expert, Clarice-removing skins, Julie removing pits.

2 comments:

Pamella said...

Oh beautiful! One of these years I will join you! Gma Clarice had to can my peaches and pears the year Ryan was born because he came early and I had a box of each to be done in the next day or so. I know it's time to can when it's getting close to Ryan's birthday. Thank you Gma Clarice for all you have taught us!

Nettie said...

mmmm,are those the ones we ate semi-frozen at your house?? What a fun thing to do together!